Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different room names same space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
twallVCXPH
174 Views, 3 Replies

Different room names same space

I have a small office renovation project.  There are a couple rooms that have a certain use in the existing plan but a different use in the renovation, i.e. a Conference Room becomes part of the Lobby.  I want the room tag to say "Conference Room" on the Demolition Plan but "Receptionist" on the Construction Plan.  If I try to tag both plans I get error message.  I even created a duplicate Room Tag but it won't let me put it in the same space as another room tag.  The phase is not changeable for the Room Tags

How can I show different room names for the same space on different sheets?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: twallVCXPH

There are two approaches to show demolition rooms:

1.  Use phase filter:

- Main demolition view: Set the phase to New, phase filter to Show previous + Demo, turn off rooms. 

- Existing room view: Create another plan view, set the phase to show Existing, phase filter to show All.  Turn off everything except to Rooms and room tags.

- Place both views on sheet.

2. Use view filter:

- Demolition view: set the phase to Existing, phase filter to Show All.

- Create a view filter using Demolished Under Phase criteria to override all demolished item to match your demand graphics.  You can tag existing rooms in this view directly.

Message 3 of 4

create another room for each phase

Message 4 of 4
handjonathan
in reply to: twallVCXPH

Hi @twallVCXPH 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Have the solutions suggested by @ToanDN @vitorbortoncello  helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators