Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

different levels and phases

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3574 Views, 5 Replies

different levels and phases

I am working in a project with phases.

The 2nd level is at 9'-4" (this level will be existing and demo) and a new 2nd level will be at 10'-2", so how can I associate in the 'project browser' the 2nd existing and demo to the 9'-4" and the 2nd new to the 10'-2"? so when I click the level tag in the elevation, it  will open the new second level?

Unless this is not the right way and someone can tell me how is the correct way to make this work.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, phases are not related to elevation of levels in that way. Phases are more related to views. You can set views to display the status of a project up to a certain phase or action, such as "Floor Plan Level 1_Demolition", or "Floor Plan Level 1_Proposed", or "Floor Plan Level 1_Existing"; and you can do the same with elevations and 3d views. The graphics and separation of phases is achieved by combining parameters or features such as "Phase", "Phase Filter", and "Graphic Overrides", for the building elements and for the views.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for responding but still confused how I can solve this...
Can I have 2 second levels? so, 1 second level is existing and demo and
another second level is new but a different height, and be able to open
each one through the floor plan at the project browser?
Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Yes. I recommend you to read the Help documents about Phases. Read all the articles, how to set up views, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
chrisplyler

Levels do not contain a Phase parameter. They just exist.

You can name one level "Exst Lvl 2" and another one "Proposed Lvl 2" or "New Lvl 2" or whatever. Then you can control their visibility in views appropriately, either not displaying the new/proposed one in the view for existing, or halftoning the old one in the view for new stuff, or whatever you like.

Message 6 of 6
drenL5229

You can maybe use Filters, create a new Level type and with the filter you control it's view let's say in a View Template that you assigned to existing or to the new construction.

I had the same issue and that way you kind of are not limited by the heights of either the existing or the new construction.

7 years late šŸ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report