Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagonal Door Paint

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
goulnazarianh
886 Views, 9 Replies

Diagonal Door Paint

Hello Everyone

Do you have any idea / tricks on how to paint a Revit door family diagonally so that we end up with 2 different materials? such as this picture down below.Half White / Half Yellow.Half White / Half Yellow.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
L.Maas
in reply to: goulnazarianh

I do not see an easy solution. In sections for example you could use a region. But it would not be visible in a 3D view

Capture.JPG

If you would need it in 3D, depending on the accuracy you could model a family and just place it in the model

Capture2.JPG

You might need multiple of these lements to cover an area depending on the elvation differences.

This can aslo be done in combination with the paint tool (e.g for walls) where you can split the face and then paint that area.

Other solution would be to modify/create door models where the shape is built in so you can just use different materials.

But depending on how many areas you have to do and on what level, it will be quite labour intensive.

So also consider not modeling it and use detail drawings to show design intent. Alternative way might be creating renders and then use photoshop (or similar) to colour the areas.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 10
martijn_pater
in reply to: L.Maas

If you change the door category to generic model ie. you can use/create parts on it, but probably better to model it in the family. For the walls you can use split face.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

Message 4 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: L.Maas

Easy, split face in the door family and paint with a material parameter. Load in project and change the material. Split face the wall to align with the door paint and paint them.
Message 5 of 10
goulnazarianh
in reply to: ToanDN

I didn't know that we can split inside of a family it really worked.
Thank you!I think it will do the work.I think it will do the work.

Message 6 of 10

I think you solution is better by dividing into parts because I noticed that it's changing the color from the sides as well not just the surface. Thank you!13.JPG14.JPG

Message 7 of 10

@goulnazarianh I think it depends on what you want to do with it. Not sure how changing category/using parts might effect scheduling later on for instance and you'll need to control view settings for parts. Was thinking it might give you a whole new set of problems... So I would probably model it in the family...

If you have several different painted doors ie, you could parametrize the split face adding instance parameters to the sketch. It's a little more work in the family itself to start with, but probaby worth it later on...

Message 9 of 10

Did you use the same methods as it's mentioned above or this is a new way? cause it's looking Great!

Message 10 of 10

I used the methods described in the Links that I posted on the other thread. Check 'em out. The link I posted above directs you to the thread and the Links.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report