Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Level Problem

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2950 Views, 10 Replies

Detail Level Problem

I'm having a problem with detail levels. In my ground floor plan, at 1/8"=1'-0" on medium detail, I can see the stud line and wall material hatches, but in my second floor plan at the same scale on the same detail level, every wall (SAME wall types!) only shows the two outer lines (pictures attached). There are no view templates applied to either plan. What am I missing?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Are your view ranges settings identical too? 

VR.png

Message 3 of 11
ToanDN

Go to VG of the 2nd floor plan view and check if the Walls category detail level is by View or is overriden.
Message 4 of 11
barthbradley

...almost looks like the Cut Plane for Second Level is set above the Door headers.   

Nevermind me.  Neither of my posts make sense.  Whether you cut wall at 4'-0" or 7'-6" makes no difference. You should still see your GWB layer.  I'm with @ToanDN on this one.  Either that, or you mistakenly used Stud-Core-Only Walls at your 2nd Level.  

...unless of course, the cut plane is above the walls and not through them. 

Message 5 of 11
RobDraw

If their are overrides applied to the V/G for the first floor, you can make a view template from that view and apply those same overrides to the second floor. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Good thought but the detail level for walls is by view, same as on the ground floor.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Ah yes, I haven't put my doors in yet. But as for the view range, both views are set to their respective associated levels and Top: 7'-6"; Cut Plane: 4'-0"; Bottom: 0'-0"; View Depth Level: 0'-0"
Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

How tall are the 2nd floor walls?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

*FACE PALM*
I didn't make them full height yet because I was waiting to attach them to a sloped roof. Well that's embarrassing. Thanks for the insight!
Message 10 of 11
barthbradley

So the cut plane WAS above the walls at the second level like I guessed?  

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Haha, in fact that is the case, yes!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report