Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review Multi-Editor Functionality

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CharlesBerteaux
299 Views, 4 Replies

Design Review Multi-Editor Functionality

Is it possible for Autodesk to make dwf / dwfx multi person editable??? have it automatically assign a different color for each editor?

When we inport different markups into revit, they tend to overlap. this could be solved by multi editor functionality.

Charles Berteaux IV
EDT BIM/VDC/Technology Department Manager | SSOE Group | Hillsboro
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Not possible, but great idea!

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

Kyle,

I don't believe that at all, there are hundreds of file types that have multi-user capabilities. They have rules like who saves first wins if two people save at the same time. If revit has the capabilities of tracking users and assigning each person a color, there is no reason a document can't as well.

its just code that needs to be figured out........

Shared.png

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 4 of 5

@Anonymous_LRS wrote:

Kyle,

I don't believe that at all, there are hundreds of file types that have multi-user capabilities. They have rules like who saves first wins if two people save at the same time. If revit has the capabilities of tracking users and assigning each person a color, there is no reason a document can't as well.

its just code that needs to be figured out........

Shared.png

Sorry Charles, my 1 liner was not clear.  You are absolutely right that this is possible...anything is possible in software given time and effort.  I was saying that that this is not currently possible in the tools available, but is a good idea.

The A360 Team viewing experience is the closest we have for this situation, and we are actively investing in it to be the best way to markup models/sheets from our products.  We can't bring those markups/comments back into Revit at the moment, but rest assured that we recognize the value that could provide.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5

Woo Hoo!! You guys are the best!!!

Keep up the good work, and as a user, thanks for taking our suggestions seriously!!!
Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators