Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dental Mold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
919 Views, 2 Replies

Dental Mold

I am working on a school building built in 1935. It has concrete dental mold around the top at the main entry. What is the best way to create dental mold? It would be nice to be able to create a profile and add it to the wall type, but I do not think you can that.

Help please.

Thanks
Wiley
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If not for the undulations you could just create a simple profile and add it to a wall type as a sweep.

If you REALLY need that much detail in your model (which I kind of doubt,) then you could try making a line based family that would add the additional projections once the object were stretched beyond a given length.

Personally, I would just draw the lines in elevation if you need to see this pattern and save yourself the increased model size (unless you need this detail for rendering/perspective purposes.)

- Alex
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Alex,
I think you are right about the amount of detail. I had already created a profile and when I render it it looks just fine.

Thanks
Wiley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report