Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting familes from project?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
anakone
464 Views, 3 Replies

Deleting familes from project?

If i delete a family from the project browser, under families expanded folder group, will this delete them from the project and help reduce the file size?

Or is there any advice on best way to delete just unwanted families that have been loaded into the model?

I know of purging the model but i believe this will potentially delete tags i may want and other information that just not being utilized at the time of purge.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: anakone

Use Purge Unused, begin by "Check none", and then select only that family. Nothing else will be deleted.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: anakone

To add to Alfredo's response, yes, you can right-click and delete families from the project browser.  If there are any instances of that family in the project, you'll get a warning message that x number of instances are about to be deleted.  If the family just disappears when you click Delete, then there were no instances in the project.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 4
anakone
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks all!

Sounds like my assumptions were accurate.  I will definitely utilize your advice.

Greatly appreciate the responses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators