Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted dimensions and tags...over and over and over again...software dont work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
193 Views, 1 Reply

deleted dimensions and tags...over and over and over again...software dont work

I'll try not to make this a soap box thing. I have been a Revit user for 6 years now. Probably worst among the many aspects of the program that just don't work and cause you to chase your tale all day killing productivity and wasting clients moneywork is the fact that the program constantly automatically deletes dimension and tags that have been applied after simply moving objects. I can't tell you how many times a day I move a wall (most commonly) or other object and get the warning that objects will deleted forcing me to delete tags or dimensions that I have already applied in some cases 2 or three times already. It happens very frequently and consumes significant amount of time. After six years of using this thing I can say with certainly that this software is not productive and does not work. The sales team has done such a good job of convincing everyone this software is the end all for architecture software that it has taken over and we are all stuck with a program that is similtaneoulsy over complex and can't even do the simple things. I was suckered into this software and was a defender of it for a while but I'm done defending it...alas we are stuck since Autodesk has a total monopoly over the industry and refuses to make simple things work when we make suggestions. Facts are facts.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Been working just fine for me for years...moving a wall adjusts the dimension, unless you are locking them for some reason.

Autodesk doesn't have a monopoly over the industry.  There are lots of businesses still using Chief Architect, or ArchiCAD or CATia just fine and producing the same results as Revit.  

So if after 6 years you haven't figured out what "to do" and "not do" in Revit to produce awesome projects, perhaps it is time to go back to whatever you were using prior.  But facts are facts that it is working great for us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators