Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylindrical Camera for Raytrace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
420 Views, 3 Replies

Cylindrical Camera for Raytrace

It seems that the cylindrical camera can only be used in a non-cropped 3d view. Thus, is the default 3d view the only view that will support the Cylindrical Camera option? If so, what is the point? Is it just an interesting camera trick? I could see a real benefit to having a fisheye type render that could be used by Quicktime or Ipix for an Interactive 3d tour. I was hoping the Cylindrical Camera could be the answer. Does anyone have experience doing this? Stacey Conrad Vaughn, Coltrane, Pharr & Associates, Inc. sconrad@vcaw.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try using the Spherical projection--should get what you are looking for. "Stacey Conrad" wrote in message news:4117d4c9_1@newsprd01... > It seems that the cylindrical camera can only be used in a non-cropped 3d > view. Thus, is the default 3d view the only view that will support the > Cylindrical Camera option? If so, what is the point? Is it just an > interesting camera trick? > > I could see a real benefit to having a fisheye type render that could be > used by Quicktime or Ipix for an Interactive 3d tour. I was hoping the > Cylindrical Camera could be the answer. Does anyone have experience doing > this? > > Stacey Conrad > Vaughn, Coltrane, Pharr & Associates, Inc. > sconrad@vcaw.com > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Well it turns out that a cylindrical camera view is dependant upon a non-perspective view, instead of a view that is non-clipped. I was partially correct, in that a non-perspective view is the only type that allows for a non-clipped view. This IS a tool that can be utilized for QuickTime or Ipix. NICE TOOL! "Frame" wrote in message news:4117fd64_1@newsprd01... > Try using the Spherical projection--should get what you are looking for. > > > > > "Stacey Conrad" wrote in message > news:4117d4c9_1@newsprd01... > > It seems that the cylindrical camera can only be used in a non-cropped 3d > > view. Thus, is the default 3d view the only view that will support the > > Cylindrical Camera option? If so, what is the point? Is it just an > > interesting camera trick? > > > > I could see a real benefit to having a fisheye type render that could be > > used by Quicktime or Ipix for an Interactive 3d tour. I was hoping the > > Cylindrical Camera could be the answer. Does anyone have experience doing > > this? > > > > Stacey Conrad > > Vaughn, Coltrane, Pharr & Associates, Inc. > > sconrad@vcaw.com > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You are correct sir. Cylindrical projection may only be defined (and makes sense) for non-perspective cameras. "Stacey Conrad" wrote in message news:4118c9e4_3@newsprd01... > Well it turns out that a cylindrical camera view is dependant upon a > non-perspective view, instead of a view that is non-clipped. I was partially > correct, in that a non-perspective view is the only type that allows for a > non-clipped view. This IS a tool that can be utilized for QuickTime or Ipix. > NICE TOOL! > > "Frame" wrote in message news:4117fd64_1@newsprd01... > > Try using the Spherical projection--should get what you are looking for. > > > > > > > > > > "Stacey Conrad" wrote in message > > news:4117d4c9_1@newsprd01... > > > It seems that the cylindrical camera can only be used in a non-cropped > 3d > > > view. Thus, is the default 3d view the only view that will support the > > > Cylindrical Camera option? If so, what is the point? Is it just an > > > interesting camera trick? > > > > > > I could see a real benefit to having a fisheye type render that could be > > > used by Quicktime or Ipix for an Interactive 3d tour. I was hoping the > > > Cylindrical Camera could be the answer. Does anyone have experience > doing > > > this? > > > > > > Stacey Conrad > > > Vaughn, Coltrane, Pharr & Associates, Inc. > > > sconrad@vcaw.com > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators