Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Sheet Browser Settings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
251 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Sheet Browser Settings

So I have created a parameter for my sheets called "Sheet Order" which allows me to organize all of my sheets (over 300) on my schedule in the correct order they will be in in the final printed set. I am now trying to create a Sheet List Organization that places the sheets in order of their "Sheet Order" parameter WHILE ALSO keeping the sheet name and number (A-100 - Overall Floor Plan) visible. My problem is that when I organize my sheets by the custom parameter in the browser then that is the visible title for each sheet (1, 2, 3, etc.). Is there a way to organize my sheets in the browser by my custom parameter but have the display name remain the standard "Sheet number - Sheet Name"?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on that field column on your schedule and Hide column.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Right I can get the column to actually hide in the schedule. My problem arises when I need the sheets in the project browser to be organized by the "Sheet Order" custom parameter while still having the sheet number and name visible. As of now as soon as I sort it by Sheet Order parameter it shows the display name as that specific parameter (1, 2, 3,etc.)
Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

That is because you can only use Sheet Order to group your Sheets, so each Sheet Number and Name are inside each group. You can see them if you click on the + sign next to the Sheet Order to expand it.

I reckon that this is not the best way to organize your Browser. I would break the Sheet Set to different Group, such as 0-series, 1-series, and so forth. Use that Group parameter to group your Browser, and let the Sheet order themselves by Number within each group. That is much cleaner and easier to manage than 300 individual groups as you are having now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators