Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom leader arrow - dot ?

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
Anonymous
55609 Views, 68 Replies

Custom leader arrow - dot ?

Hi, yet more queies here.

I'm placing tags, but the standard leader arrows do not include a 'dot' that I tend to use as a standard.

I can edit the type - and access the drop-down list, and I've also looked for an annotation family for leader arrow, but cannot find any either.

Is there a way of using a dot - or of creating a custom leader arrow type as a family and making my own filled circle ?

Thanks

68 REPLIES 68
Message 61 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: francfiles

I went every year from 2011 until 2016.  I'm not sure which year it was, to be honest.

Message 62 of 69
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, now you have 2 of us that were at the same Expo where the answer was given.  Good day to you.  

If, and that is a big if, anything like that or even remotely similar was said, I'm sure it is being taken out of context in this thread and is not an official stance taken by Autodesk.

Do you even realize how ridiculous such a statement is? 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 63 of 69
SteveKStafford

A reseller event with an Autodesk employee attending and answering questions does not necessarily reflect reality, the beliefs of the product manager or the team developing and evaluating the current and future scope of Revit features. Over the years, I've heard plenty of things that were in direct conflict with things I've been told first hand by people with direct responsibility for various parts of Revit. I've also heard things said in jest but taken as completely serious replies by people who were too intense to notice the humor.

Regardless, I can walk in any building someone else designed and critique the hell out of it. Faced with its designers I'm confident that my every observation could be countered with reasonable explanations for why this or that happened. I believe the same is true of software. I've had dinner with one of the founders a couple of times. Believe me or not, he made fundamental decisions we might disagree with but he made them, he was in charge, had the power to make them and the will to do so.

Revit (any design software) is an incredibly complex assortment of people, code, competing interests both internal and external and time/financial constraints. I invite "you" to get out there and do it better...either by joining them and finding out first hand what its like, joining the competition and finding out the same thing...or try to start your own.

It's not the for the faint of heart. We have Revit to pick on today because some really strong willed and dedicated people decided to do it. Then Autodesk decided to keep pushing really hard too. Personally I'm grateful to them all.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

You're absolutely correct.  There could have been explanations.  But there haven't been.  The ONLY response that's been given, both in events and on the AUGI forums was similar to what @Chad.millard  had stated.
Was it in jest?  Could have been.  But distinctly remember a large number of people immediately asking follow-up questions that did not take it in jest.  

If that were the case, then the developer on the stage really has a horrible sense of humor and didn't have the ability to read the room.  It was also then that I realized that the people up on the stage were not there to hear our requests and give guidance on how to get something to work.   They were up there to tout the greatness of their software.

Message 65 of 69
SteveKStafford

I'm not surprised that an event organized by an Autodesk Reseller and offering speakers from Autodesk has a sales pitch and a bias toward what they consider to be productive conversations about their products. That's the reseller role; sell software, training and support. Autodesk wants to talk about what's new and what they hope to do in the future.

If I were in that position, receiving that sort of comment/question, my response would be, "I understand your criticism. We've heard it before. Obviously this specific issue has not overtaken all of our other priorities yet. Hopefully that will change. Keeping the pressure on us about it helps too. We face a lot of competing interests. Thanks for the comment/question."

I think it's a mistake to believe that the developers are somehow deeply opposed to our ideas. Even utterly obvious and simple (to our thinking) ideas/requests might take considerable energy to evaluate for actual implementation. I've heard a number of tales of the developers encountering "lurking evil" (legacy code and fundamental decisions) en route to granting a wish.

Back in Revit 1.0 I remember one of their staff telling me they had a wish list of over 10k items. That was in 2000, when there were probably less than 250 actual users. There are considerably more of "us" wishing for things than "them" granting wishes. It would help a tiny bit if each of our disciplines could actually agree on what "we do it the standard way" really means too.  😉

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

The only problem is that it was billed as a Q&A and an opportunity to talk directly to some of the actual developers to talk about things that we need to be in the software.  Turned out to not be that.  

Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: Chad.millard

Not Revit, but user knowledge of Revit

Message 68 of 69
Anonymous

thx a lot !!

Message 69 of 69
Anonymous

MUCHAS GRACIAS, EXACTAMENTE LO QUE QUERIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report