Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fill Pattern

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark.johnson4
1201 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Fill Pattern

I'm attempting to add a surface pattern on a wall with unequal horizontal parallel lines, spaced alternately 8", 4" etc.
I tried creating a new pat file, but can't seem to get anything more than 4" consistently spaced lines.
I need parallel horizontal lines with 8" offset, then 4", then 8", then 4" and so forth repeating.
All I can manage to get are 4" repeating parallel lines.
Can I get someone to correct the code I'm using...

*Centria,  CS-220
;%TYPE=MODEL
0,             0,             0,         0,             4
0,             0,             4,         0,             4
0,             0,             8,         0,             4
0,             0,             12,        0,             4
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redrunner92
in reply to: mark.johnson4

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're getting close. You only need two lines described, one which is four inches above the other, and each will repeat twelve inches apart (4" spacing + 8" spacing = 12" total separation from one line to its repeat). Try this code here:

*4-8 repeat,
;%TYPE=MODEL
0, 0, 0, 0, 12
0, 0, 4, 0, 12

That will produce this pattern:

4-8.png

Message 3 of 3

@Redrunner92 has you covered.

Case you are curious, if you are frequently writing your own PAT files, we also provide a free real-time drawing platform for PAT files. That way when you change a value, you can see the results immediately. And you no longer need to constantly re-save/re-load/repeat to try and test out a pattern. Cheers :birthday_cake:

https://pattycake.io/pat/22d3Jyz8wZ9

www.pattycake.io
Web based & real time .PAT creator. The largest collection of free PAT files! Over 700+ Pat files ready to download
No plugins or add-ins to install, and Revit compliant!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators