Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved Angled wall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2195 Views, 5 Replies

Curved Angled wall

Can anyone help with creating a curved angled wall with a curve to the base.  On plan the wall is curved and in section it is angled at 60 degrees.  Where it meets the floor there is a 1m radius curve. I've attached a sketch to show this.

Using massing I can do the curved angled wall bit it is just adding the curve at the bottom I can't get my head around.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

Claire

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the easiest way to do this would be an in-place family. You should be able to do this shape as a simple sweep. the plan is the path of the sweep and the profile is what you are showing as the section.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
dzanta

You can use the sweep command to create this wall.  Use generic model rfa family template file or use mass rft template file as a start point.

see revit file attached...

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Thanks Dzan

That is what I need albeit the wall slopes in the opposite way.

Can you explain the steps as to how to make that please?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Decide if you want to do an in-place family (e.g theres only 1 instance of this wall or you wont need this shape again) or a generic family (Many instances of the wall, or need to use it again in other projects or something)

For in place go to the architecture tab - component - model in place - walls

Create tab - sweep

sketch path in modify tab - in ref plane sketch your line as in plan view (your sweep) - green tick that when youre done

back in modify tab select edit profile - revit should give you the option of going into a section view (north, south), choose one and sketch your section (your profile) as is in your section view. Make sure the corner of your profile is attached to your sweep then green tick everything and you should have your sweep, super simple. 

If you want to create a family instead ignore the first line and instead new family - generic model or mass and follow the steps again

p.s I really wish i had screencast to show you but unfortunately my company dont let me install things

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I'VE DONE IT!!!!

OMG the feeling is wonderful when something goes right in Revit.  My friend and I who have been stuck on this for days have been dancing round the office with people giving us weird looks Smiley Very Happy

I followed this tutorial http://www.revitzone.com/conceptual-design/144-forms-creating-a-sweep in order to create the generic mass in my template then I turned the generic mass into a wall using the wall by face under the massing tab.  I just need to figure out how to put openings into it now.

Thanks for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report