Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain walls - how to unlink horizontal and right hand side mullion?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stevensonJQWEF
221 Views, 2 Replies

Curtain walls - how to unlink horizontal and right hand side mullion?

Dear all, 

I am trying to edit the mullions of my curtain walls.  Unfortunately it seems as though I can not change the horizontal mullions without the mullions on the right hand side changing.  However, the left hand side mullion can be changed independently.

This is because I would like to change the vertical mullions to be half the size of the horizontal mullions, so that when I put two curtain wall panels next to each other, the vertical will then be the same dimension as the horizontal, which makes more of a realistic model for me.

Is there anyway I can make 'un-link' the horizontal and right hand side mullions?

Apologies if the answer is easy... I am new to the curtain walls and not finding it all too straightforward

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: stevensonJQWEF

Because they are the same type. Unpin the hor mullion so that you can duplicate type to create a new type with a different profile, and assign the new type to all hor mullions that you need to change.  You can also duplicate type via right clicking the existing mullion type in the project browser and duplicate.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks so much @ToanDN, greatly appreciate that 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report