Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Panels not correctly trimmed at profile top edge

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1569 Views, 5 Replies

Curtain Wall Panels not correctly trimmed at profile top edge

Hi, 

I have encountered an issue around the top of the mullion and the adjacent panels. The curtain wall profile has an arched top edge. I've created a wall type that embeds a reveal and a sweep at the bottom (the top couldn't be created when the CW top edge is slanted or curved). The curtain panels are therefore made from this wall type.

The issue is that the vertical mullions don't trim the panels correctly (like a simple glass panel in the example file does). The same issue happens with standard wall types. The panel on the higher side of the mullion goes over the mullion, creating a very small triangular extension.

I've attached some images and a Revit file. I'm using Revit 2018.

Any idea why this happens and how to resolve it? 

Thank you very much in advance for any help !

Adrien

Curtain Wall Panels.PNGTop panel is not properly trimmed by mullionTop panel is not properly trimmed by mullionGlass panel is properly trimmedGlass panel is properly trimmed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it a system panel you are using? If so, you can modify the boundaries of the individual panels, as they are essentially model-in-place components. System panels tend to bleed over the mullions. As for the mullions themselves, the top needs something to trim to. In situations like this i tend to create an extra thin mullion at the top to use for angle trimming. just make sure your settings arent preset with vertical continuous. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dixon, Thank you for your prompt reply and solution. These panels are Curtain Panels - Basic Wall, so that I could create a sweep and a reveal and that they would automatically adapt to the curtain wall profile. 4 & 5 Point adaptive component panels were not handy enough for the use.

I've tried with a top transom (0.1mm thick) which I'll need to filter out in my different views. Not the ideal scenario but at least the panels are the right size in width.

Any better solution would be amazing 🙂

Top of Mullion_slim top transom.PNG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

That mullion should clean up to the underside of the top mullion if you set your curtail wall join condition to "Not Defined". You may have to recreate the wall again for the settings to take place, but it will make sure the mullion is angled properly. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You're right ! I had to recreate the Curtain Wall and mullions but it's now trimmed to the profile edge. Thank you very much Dixon. 

Still be great not to have to create that top trimming transom.

Top of Mullion_slim top transom_trimmed.PNG

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

No problem! I will see what I can come up with in the meantime. Dynamo is great for this sort of thing, but can prove tricky when dealing with alterations/changes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report