Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall panel with angled mullions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
727 Views, 3 Replies

Curtain wall panel with angled mullions

Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble with those panels. I've created a parametric family and it was ok at first. However, when i try to put it in a panel like the blue panel below, revit says that is not possible to create the panel. I'm guess that the solution will be tweaking something inside the family, maybe a rotation instance parameter but i'm coming here to harness your knowledge.

Also, i could create it manually but with my family i can set the distance from the center of the wall so i can align it with the wall faces.

The blue panel that i've said. The top mullion is angled following the roof slope. Below it is my panel familyThe blue panel that i've said. The top mullion is angled following the roof slope. Below it is my panel family

Above: This is the blue panel that i've said. The top mullion follows the roof slope. Below it is my panel family

This is the exterior view of the panel family.This is the exterior view of the panel family.

Above: This is the exterior view of the family where i have a parameter controling the structure thickness

Plan view of the familyPlan view of the family

Above: This is a plan view of the family, showing the thickness of the glass and the width of the structure. Also they are centered in a axis that controls the distance from the center.

This the panel aligned with the face of the wallThis the panel aligned with the face of the wall

Above: Plan view with the curtain wall and the custom panel aligned with the wall face.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

A System Panel will conform to that shape.  If you don't want to use the System Panel, then you create a custom Panel to fit that shaped opening. In this case, you need to slope the top of the extrusion.  

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN

You don't need a custom panel for what you show. You just need tow curtain wall types, 1st for the outer frame, 2nd for the inner frame and glass, set the 2nd to be used as the panel for the 1st.

image.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
jbrr27

Just came across this issue, and a user on an AUGI thread pointed out that walls will conform to irregular shapes in a curtain wall, like system panels do.  Creating a wall type of the same construction and materials as your custom curtain panel is a quick option to get the angles to work without having to nest curtain walls or slope your curtain panels in the family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators