Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall not visible when Initially drawn

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
dariusA3K8S
3603 Views, 21 Replies

Curtain wall not visible when Initially drawn

Hi all 

I have made a curtain wall that is not displaying correctly. As in it is invisible until modified. This only happens with walls less than or the same as my fixed distance (3m). But I require this dimension to segment the mullions correctly. Which also have to be a multiple of three to correctly BOM.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Please have a look at the video attached to see what I'm referring to.

and the screenshot of its properties 

PropertiesPropertiesof the properties.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
hmunsell
in reply to: hmunsell

the Corinthian MD-BK has similar settings to Infinity frame 980. if you duplicate the MD-BK, rename it, and swoop out the material to match the infinity frame it places fine.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 22
dariusA3K8S
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks @RDAOU  and everyone for having a look at this,

Ok the reasoning to the nested CW is that I need a wall type to BOM's for every 1M 1 infinity frame, within that I have a mullion that I'm using to generate an object to BOM as an infill panel for that frame.

I have nested that wall into another wall because in then need for every 3M a single horizontal mullion.

If I change that fixed distance to anything less then 3M I will have more then one horizontal mullion which isn't Ideal.

Heres the attached model of that I need.

Obviously, in 3d, don't need the curtain wall to look the same just BOM the components.

I will try drawing the curtain panel as  3 frames and place the infill components in to see if it will BOM and set up the way @RDAOU  suggested.

If anyone has any other thoughts please let me know.

CW model.PNG

Part list.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report