Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating stairs with ramp included

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
8652 Views, 9 Replies

Creating stairs with ramp included

Yesterday I saw a nice example of combining stairs with a ramp that crosses the stairs, as you can see in the picture and I wondered how I could draw it in revit. Any ideas? 

ramp and stairs.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

In place model.  As with most other custom things.

Message 3 of 10
barthbradley

I see it a little differently. Looks like a stairs and ramps abutting each other. I'd try modeling it that way using with stairs and ramps. 

Message 4 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley

I think you are right.  Perhaps build the ramp first then fit the stairs in between runs with sketched boundaries. 

Message 5 of 10
PijPiwo
in reply to: ToanDN

I don’t think it’s possible to do with the stair and ramp tools. How can you make the stair to follow the ramp’s slope (at the top of the run) - pic1? Am I missing something here?

With the in-place solid and void extrusions, on the other hand, it’s fairly easy to do -pic2.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: PijPiwo

Many thanks to all of you for your excellent suggestions and for taking the time to reply. I agree that making an in-place solid is the easiest and fastest solution. Although it would be interesting to have parametric stairs of this type in the families collection.

Best regards

Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

Wow! Nice job, @PijPiwo

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I think this tutorial

@Anonymouswrote:

Yesterday I saw a nice example of combining stairs with a ramp that crosses the stairs, as you can see in the picture and I wondered how I could draw it in revit. Any ideas? 

ramp and stairs.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

will  help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEcvoQzewBQ

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi, I'm working on a project for my class and was wondering if you had a rvt. file of this on revitcity? It would go perfect with my design, and sadly I haven't learned how to do the void extrusion stuff yet.

Thanks,

Teddy

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I need that file (stair_ramp2.JPG) in 3D model, please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report