Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create basement retaining wall in Revit

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
emccall1
3243 Views, 23 Replies

Create basement retaining wall in Revit

Hi guys, 

Im new to Revit, so just getting to grips with it. I have drawn architectural walls which I need to swap out for basement retaining walls.

The walls need a base of 600mm wide, and a top of 300mm, with one side therefore being vertical (inside) and the other angled to complete the profile (external side). I have attached an autocad file of what I hoping to achieve.

Does anyone know how to create this type of wall in Revit? Additionally, when snapping two walls at 90 degrees, I'd need the walls to recognise that the two walls are not entirely vertical elements; the inner sides will snap at 90 degrees, since both verticals are located (pink lines in attachment), but the external faces, since the walls are sloped, will leave a gap. I would need the top faces to be extended by 300mm to join at the top, and the same at the bottom. In addition to creating the vertical element between the top and bottom. (yellow lines in attachment)

I'd appreciate any help with this. 

Thanks

Elliot

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
emccall1
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU perfect thank you; that worked a treat. I have now successfully complete my first sweep - I think! 

However, I wish the corner sweep to be on the internal face (vertical side, not the wedged side); is there a fix for this?

After this, I am going to make use of your 3rd screen cast to learn how this sweep can be used within the project as a way (again, excuse my explanation/ terminology).

Thanks

Elliot

Message 22 of 24
RDAOU
in reply to: emccall1

Then draw the profile with the vertical side on the inside...in other words flip the profile which you have already shown in the image of your previous post

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 23 of 24
chrisplyler
in reply to: emccall1

In my screencast, you will observe that when I began to Sketch Profile, I had to choose one of two possible views to work in that were normal (the East elevation looked at it from one side and the West elevation looked at it from the opposite side) to the profile sketch plane. Based on the location of that plane. I could choose either view, as long as I am aware of which way I will be looking at the plane, so that I can draw the inside and outside of the wall correctly the first time.

In the image below, you will notice that I have open the plan view, the East elevation view and the West elevation view. All three are looking at the same profile sketch plane. You will observe that the two elevation views each reflect the proper orientation of the wall profile I have sketched, so that I know that I've sketched the slanted exterior on the proper side of my sweep.

profiles.jpg

Message 24 of 24
emccall1
in reply to: chrisplyler

@chrisplyler@RDAOU@Anonymous@Alan.johnson1970 Hi guys, 

Thank you all for your support! I have now, with a knowledge base provided by you guys, and some further research, managed to achieve what I was looking for.

I have basically created a profile, generated a new project (for testing), edited a wall type that I previously located by loading in the profile and job done!

Drawing multiple versions of the wall automatically provides the joints/connections at the corners and I can adjust the wall height and length so Im thoroughly happy! 

Thanks once again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report