Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a curved column cladding with a bespoke perforated pattern.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
810 Views, 3 Replies

Create a curved column cladding with a bespoke perforated pattern.

Hi There. I'm trying to create a curved column cladding with a bespoke perforated pattern. I've modeled this before in Sketchup using the Shape Bender plugin (see attached) and now I'm trying to recreate in Revit and I'm not sure where to start! The pattern is vector, drawn as an unrolled elevation in Autocad. It will be made from a laser cut metal panel which is then curved so it's important that the pattern is wrapped around the curve rather than being projected onto it. Really will appreciate any advice, thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you use a material with a syrface pattern and a cutout map?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi ToanDN. From all my internet trawling, that seems to be the way to do it. I'm fairly new to Revit so it just seemed like there should be a way to bend a flat pattern and then cut into the surface like you do in other 3D modeling software. Thanks for your response. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ToanDN. So I've worked with the material cutout solution. It sort of works but I can't work out how to control the setout point for the material asset on the column. The pattern I've created is the exact size of a half column casing. Please see screenshot. 

Bespoke column cladding_Revit.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report