Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core Content for Revit 2021 unable to download

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
2844 Views, 18 Replies

Core Content for Revit 2021 unable to download

I have the student version of Revit 2021 and have installed the first part but am unable to select the core content and than click install. I have attached a photo below as to what I see, there is no error message I am just unable to click anything.Download Not working.PNG

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 19
loboarch

Core content is ALWAYS installed. You can’t select to not install it and don’t need to select it to have it installed. Additional content can be downloaded if needed.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue

Message 5 of 19
barthbradley

What's the issue you're having? Regarding the OP's issue; it was a non-issue.  @loboarch had it exactly right.  If you are looking for additional content, follow the Link I posted. 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I downloaded the UK files and extracted them but then still had this same issue when I went to try install again 

Message 7 of 19
barthbradley

What issue? 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

The issue in the image at the top of this thread where it says the core content is not installed

Message 9 of 19
ennujozlagam

just ignore that. download the content library and install.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 10 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Where do i download the content library because i cannot find it, unless it is the downloads from the link in the first reply which i have tried multiple times. 

Message 11 of 19
GlennM97
in reply to: loboarch

This is completely false my friend. You speak logic - not Autodesk. I installed a fresh 2021 copy on a new PC, content was not selected, and you can't select it. It did not install be default, nor could I add it to the install, during or post software install. In previous versions I never installed content since I have an extensive custom library that I drag from version to version.
Message 12 of 19
GlennM97

You are the best!
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Has anyone found a solution to resolve this problem post installation i still cannot access the programme and have extracted all additional family libraries  

Message 14 of 19
amarkonathala

Hi... Make sure Your internet is connected while installing the Revit Setup

The setup will download required Core Content From the autodesk server

If not connected to internet while installing it wont

U can download it from autodesk 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply , I've tried uninstalling all components of revit 2021 and downloading them again still no success, Autodesk Revit 2021 Content | Revit Products 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network i tried to download the additional components from this link is there any other way i could get them, any links is appreciated it  

Message 16 of 19
amarkonathala

Hi... Make sure Your internet is connected while installing the Revit Setup

The setup will download required Core Content From the autodesk server

If not connected to internet while installing it wont

U can download it from autodesk

Message 17 of 19
Thanos603
in reply to: amarkonathala

Jeff Hanson is correct.  This image does not indicate a problem and this is the intended workflow for the Revit 2021 installer.  Revit Core Content is a mandatory part of the Revit 2021 installer and therefore there isn't an option to disable its installation.

The intent of Revit Core Content is to provide users the basic content files needed to launch Revit without warnings about missing content files.  Additional content files can be downloaded from this page: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/autodes....

Anthony Michniewicz
Principal QA Analyst
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

I have the same issue. Core content not installed. Do you have any solution for that? I don't know what to do? 

Message 19 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: amarkonathala

How to install that.. Kindly tell me please. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators