Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying drawings from one file to the other in Revit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mariaome1991
296 Views, 6 Replies

Copying drawings from one file to the other in Revit

I have drawn individual floor plans in separate revit files becasue I would like to create an axonometric assembly eventually. 

I am trying to copy the levels from one Revit file to the main one. Is there a simple way to do this? I have tried grouping the entire level and copying across to the other Revit file but revit takes so long to do it. Am I doing this correctly?

I have also tried linking the file but it is impossible to work in it as in the main Revit file. It opens the linked Revit file instead. 

I would appreciate an informative opinion. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mariaome1991
in reply to: mariaome1991

Is there a way to edit the links? I am trying to add changes to my separate linked files

Message 3 of 7
mariaome1991

I have to link a number of revit linked files and they should all be at different levels. how can I do this?

Message 4 of 7
mariaome1991

Also, I have drawn all floors at level 0 so is there a way to link/copy these floor at different levels in the main revit file?

Message 5 of 7
syman2000

I would create a view and put it on sheet. Then you can right click and save to new file. This will export Revit model that only include in the sheet.

syman2000_0-1698801220019.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

@mariaome1991 wrote:

I have drawn individual floor plans in separate revit files becasue I would like to create an axonometric assembly eventually. 

I am trying to copy the levels from one Revit file to the main one. Is there a simple way to do this? I have tried grouping the entire level and copying across to the other Revit file but revit takes so long to do it. Am I doing this correctly?

I have also tried linking the file but it is impossible to work in it as in the main Revit file. It opens the linked Revit file instead. 

I would appreciate an informative opinion. 

I not quite sure what the point is.  Mind expounding?  

Message 7 of 7
RSomppi

It sounds like you are lacking an understanding of how links in Revit work and how to use them.

Is this for work, school, self-education?

Where are you getting your instructions from?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators