Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy monitor: Windows/Wall Openings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
XXalessio.amodioXX
854 Views, 6 Replies

Copy monitor: Windows/Wall Openings

Hi all,

I have to coordinate a Stuctural (STR) and Architectural (ARC) model.

Structural from external company.

STR model an opening as family <window>, but when copy monitor in ARC model e.g. wall, window family will be copied as <wall openings>.

Any idea?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @XXalessio.amodioXX . You can Copy/Monitor only grids, axis, columns, walls and floors. Other elements (loadable families like beams, windows,…) you can only copy (Ctrl+C) and paste in your project.

image.png

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 3 of 7

Are you tiring to copy window openings from Structural model into your Architectural model?

The structural model will only have the openings not the window. (They don't need the actual window).

So when you use the copy/monitor it only copies the door/window openings

AJ.
Message 4 of 7

Imagine the STR changes an opening on a batch of eg 100 opening. How you would spot it?

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

The STR will model the opening as Window family (Easier to schedule and manipulate).

Once received the STR model and copy monitor the STR wall, The window family in ARC model will appear as Wall Opening.

Message 6 of 7

I think only through dialogue between departments. Or checking model versions (in BIM360 you can compare models of different versions and get a list of differences). Or write a Dynamo macros that compares the dimensions of the opennings (difficult, long, but I think it is possible).

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 7 of 7

Yes that is expected behavior.  Because the copy monitor tool cant copy a window only the opening.

You would then have to replace the openings with windows (remove the opening and place new windows)

AJ.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators