Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinators/ procedure help...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pushenergy
428 Views, 6 Replies

coordinators/ procedure help...

Hello People could do with your help, i've used revit for a year now producing plans, elevations, sections and details. I have now been asked to produce setting out drawings in revit from autocad files. I have been practising and watched a number of youtube videos but still having issues..... 

* Can i change the revit survey point to have an extra number after the decimal point, so it matches the autocad coordinate? (as currently my coordinate points slightly off from the ones DWG reports, concerning)  

* Is the best practice to first set the survey point to a coordinate from the DWG pin it and then unpin the dwg and move the dwg to concede with the survey point  and then pin the dwg?

*If i have multiple houses on a site but only one base point how do i bring in the subsequent houses if there is only one base point? 

*If i only have one building type, is it good practice to just have one file which contains site plans , elevations etc and only use linked file if i have separate house types?

thing thats it for now, thank for the support people and happy xmas

Capture x.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sahay_R
in reply to: pushenergy

* Can i change the revit survey point to have an extra number after the decimal point, so it matches the autocad coordinate? (as currently my coordinate points slightly off from the ones DWG reports, concerning)  

Edit Project Units for that

Untitled.png

* Is the best practice to first set the survey point to a coordinate from the DWG pin it and then unpin the dwg and move the dwg to concede with the survey point  and then pin the dwg?

No. The Revit survey point should be acquired from the DWG if the DWG was geolocated. Move the Revit model to match the site

*If i have multiple houses on a site but only one base point how do i bring in the subsequent houses if there is only one base point? 

Don't worry about the base point. Link the house model into the site model, make the number of copies that you need.

*If i only have one building type, is it good practice to just have one file which contains site plans , elevations etc and only use linked file if i have separate house types?

For separate house types - one model per type. For the rest - look at my response above

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 7
pushenergy
in reply to: Sahay_R

My responses in RED

No. The Revit survey point should be acquired from the DWG if the DWG was geolocated. Move the Revit model to match the site

I am using REVIT LT which does that have the acquire points function.. 

Don't worry about the base point. Link the house model into the site model, make the number of copies that you need.

yes but how do i link multiple house in if only one base point?

For separate house types - one model per type. For the rest - look at my response above

Message 4 of 7
Sahay_R
in reply to: pushenergy

My first question would be - is the DWG that you have received from the civil / surveying team geolocated?

In a geolocated DWG, you will see this - 

Capture.PNG

Acquire coordinates -  here is where it is found in Revit.

Untitled.png

You will Acquire Coordinates to all your models, and set up your Project Base Point accordingly. Then when you link them, you will link them as follows

Untitled.png

Some helpful links - 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Revi...

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-E4D2529C-7939-4A0F-82F5-36ABC9D8A3D1

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 5 of 7
roscopeco2000

No i dont think the file is geolocated, so how do i do without this?

Message 6 of 7
Sahay_R
in reply to: roscopeco2000

Then you want to link Origin to Origin.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 7 of 7
nadeemuddin

I have surveyor cad file which have geolocation and but I have designed a building already in my revit file,and how to change project base point and survey point,it’s showing more than 10 miles can’t move the project base point 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report