Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Array of Nested Families with Label Assigned

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
annhelenw
757 Views, 9 Replies

Controlling Array of Nested Families with Label Assigned

I am making a sofa family and I have 2 different nested cushion seats. After placing first cushion, I assign a family parameter so that the cushion style can be changed. Then I create an array, and assign a label to control number of cushions. I can successfully change between the two loaded cushions and all families in the array updates. As soon as I lock any side of the array to a reference plane, I get a "Constraints are not satisfied" error when switching cushions. 

Any idea what the problem is here? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
barthbradley
in reply to: annhelenw

Why would you need to align and lock sides of Array after-the-fact?  Constraints are built into the Array/Grouping.  Perhaps you can post the family so we can see what you've done. 

Message 3 of 10
annhelenw
in reply to: barthbradley

I need to lock the start/end of aray so it adjusts to the width of the sofa/number of seats. Cushion width is constrained to be Length/# Cushions. If I cant constraint the end of my array, then it wouldn't fit properl as Length or # Cushions changes.

Im trying to post the family, but there's something weird with the website, it won't let me post any attachment.

Message 4 of 10
annhelenw

I don't know if this screenshot helps much, but gives you a visual at least

Message 5 of 10
barthbradley

Ah! I misunderstood. I get what you are trying to do. Need to see the family to see what's going on. 

Yeah, posting attachments has been a nightmare lately.  Send me the family via email.  I'll send my email address to you via PM.    

Message 6 of 10
barthbradley

Don't array outward from center.  array from left to right.  

Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

I see the problem and can fix. Can you open a 2018, 2019 or 2020 file?  I think you sent me a 2017 which I don't have. 

Message 8 of 10
annhelenw
in reply to: barthbradley

yep, will do. Although Im not sure what you meant by the last comment. Im pretty sure I've been arraying from left to right

Message 9 of 10
barthbradley

You don't need to resend. I can open and fix in 2018 and return to you. 

Message 10 of 10
bin
Advisor

Try to align reference plane to reference plane. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report