Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Surface pattern line weight in Revit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
913 Views, 2 Replies

Control Surface pattern line weight in Revit

Hello,

I have an issue with a ceiling pattern (applied by material) not showing in a perspective view. It shows fine in my axonometrics, RCP, etc, but always disappears in the camera views. I've noticed that, only with Thin Lines on and upon zooming in really close, the pattern becomes apparent. However, the required pattern does not export when printing the view to PDF or raster, and I'm running out of ideas. I've checked out lineweights, but haven't had a lot of luck with this.

Is there a way to override the material surface pattern in perspective views to have them always visible?? Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

It's a matter of how Revit deals with the vanishing point, and lines that converge on it.  When you have an especially large ceiling, like you have, that has a grid or pattern that continues over a large distance, Revit can't decide what to do where the lines converge near the vanishing point.  Sometimes you see the actual pattern, as when you zoom in so that the vanishing point is off-screen.  However, when you print, you won't see the pattern like you want.

The best way I've found to deal with this is to break the single ceiling up into several pieces, then manually join them to get rid of the "seams" where the abut one another.  That way Revit is looking at each ceiling as a discrete piece, and not as a singular whole, and it's easier for it to resolve the ceiling pattern.  An added benefit is that placing a lot of light fixtures in a single ceiling can get really slow, what with regens and all.  Breaking up the ceiling into smaller chunks makes it a lot faster.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you! This was the solution I was looking for. Great help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators