Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control multiple visibility conditions if one visibility statement is true (yes or no)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mframpton20
378 Views, 7 Replies

Control multiple visibility conditions if one visibility statement is true (yes or no)

For this example I am trying to shut down two of the three Transverse top bar variants (in a detail component) if one of the three is ticked off (and vice versa for each).

Any Ideas?

Example below (which would not work when I tried it as it was citing circular references)

if statements.jpg

or(not(Transverse Top Bar 180° Hook), not(Transverse Top Bar))

or(not(Transverse Top Bar 180° Hook), not(Transverse Top Bar Hook))

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Have you considered creating types, instead, where you pre-set all the proper choices for each type?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the quick response Alfredo! 

Back history - I'm kind of taking over from where someone else left off. I do get where you are going with your response though. I have contemplated the type approach for other (simple) families but not these ones due to the complex nature of the beast. PS - This is one of the least complex versions of this detail component. We have others that do entire walls from footing to, dowels to, the wall reinforcing and then up to the first splice at the suspended slab above. To put it in perspective the can be a few dozen variations or more from slab to slab or wall to wall on a project.

The one I'm working with (shown above) is essentially a quick instance parametric rebar detail component that details out an entire footing with different bar end conditions (top and bottom independently), bar spacing and cover. I really want to maintain the instance nature as it has been most effective for our use and the impact of a Type based approach would impact existing projects and libraries. Additionally the types don't give the user instant feedback and I would feel teams may create way too many variations (never mind mirrored) of this reinforcing assembly.

I'm just trying get cute and not have to untoggle the other two yes no parameters if I check off one of the three as I only need one of them on at a time.

Message 4 of 8

OK, thank you for that information. Please search this forum for similar posts on this subject, in which I have proposed to use integers to control the visibility of multiple parameters. It is difficult to do it with the approach that you're using. The other approach with integers assigns the visibility to a numeric value that corresponds to an integer parameter that controls the visibility.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 5 of 8

Where should I look for this post? I've looked through this already and it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

Here: this should take you to post # 8 in the thread, where you will see an image:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/if-then-formula-and-quot-yes-no-quot-parameter/m-p/38...

2023-10-14_7-54-54.png

Message 7 of 8
mframpton20
in reply to: mframpton20

Thank you for cutting the weeds away Alfredo 😉

This linked method will work great on the more complex families I have. 

Message 8 of 8

Thank you for marking the solution. Glad to be useful.

In addition to the method shown in my previous message, it is possible to add the value of IF statements, like this:

2023-10-13_21-28-14.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report