Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columns prevent perpendicular beams joining

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
vicktor1111111
2934 Views, 21 Replies

Columns prevent perpendicular beams joining

Hi chaps, what's up, how are you doing. My problem is that when I join perpendicular beams as shown on the picture number 1 they remain unconnected because of the columns which support them on the corners. Strangely enough they become partly connected when I increase the gap between them and the column(picture number 2) and they become completely connected right after Revit says it cant keep column and the beam connected (picture number 3). This occurs when the gap reaches 1 1/2" (picture number 4). 

Screenshot_14.jpgScreenshot_15.jpgScreenshot_17.jpgScreenshot_16.jpg

Could you please tell me how can I solve this problem? Thank you very much for your help.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
vicktor1111111
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you very much again, I just would like to ask you either why unlike in walls, in beams I have to disallow join instead of allowing it so that they could have been joined?

Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: vicktor1111111

You shouldn't have to unjoin the beams....that would be totally counterproductive to do that if you have a large project.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/b418eeaf-6730-4fae-a48a-ab1e220821b6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report