Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours don't show up the same when rendering.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2494 Views, 4 Replies

Colours don't show up the same when rendering.

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the material colours when rendering. My model looks great when I am in Revit and setting turned to 'Realistic', but as soon as I render, everything goes very light and is not the same colours. How can I darken everything so it looks like it does while in Revit?

I am not a beginner with Revit, but definitely not an expert. I have been using Revit for a few years now, and have never really been able to Render properly. I usually take snap shots out of Revit for my presentations - Yes, it's not the best look!

If you could please explain some reasons for this in terms that a non-expert could understand.

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.

Jay

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I read this answer on another post and it sounds like this could be the problem... 

"Hi. I am guessing that you changed the properties in the appearance assets but the names are still the same, so these assets in the cloud override your material. If this is not the case then your best option would be technical support.

Regards."

Is there anyway to have it so MY materials override the cloud materials?

Message 3 of 5
Alisder.Brown

Jason

Inside your material browser, when you are changing the "appearance" asset, you need to duplicate the ASSET, this will rename it with a (1) or something similar at the end of it. To duplicate an asset, simply right click on the "appearance" tab atop the material and choose to duplicate.

As easy as it is in Revit to drop in a camera and get a render back (which is great) there are ALOT of settings you will need to become familiar with to get they photorealistic renders

Alot of settings in the model will affect how the render looks. shadows, time of day, lighting values, reflectance of materials etc. but one of the best ways to get the realistic renders is to adjust the exposure values of the view. You can do this within Revit or in the cloud once the render has finished. You can completely change the look of a render. 

Ofcourse, materials play a huge part in renders, and alot of the top end visulization experts will have a vast customised library's they have spend a long time building and tweaking to render just right. 

Id recommend reading up on the Render gallery forums and having a read of the "rendered of the week" blogs, they are fantastic and are full of tips on getting high quality renders.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Have yu ever figured out this issue? I am having the same problem. I tried changing materials name and transfering project standards and nothing works. I would appreciate your help if you had this fix. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have had the same struggles for YEAR!!!

I too cannot figure this out to save my soul. I spend literally days per each rendering trying to adjust lighting, exposure, etc. to mimic the appearance the "realistic" setting displays when I render. 

It also has this white washed or blury appearance I cannot over come, no matter what DPI setting or lighting config I use.

SOOOOOOOO frustrating.

any answers??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report