Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Topography Import - Low Resolution Mesh Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Eatonasher
252 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3d Topography Import - Low Resolution Mesh Problems

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the resolution of the toposolid mesh generation? I've imported/linked contour lines at 0.25m and 1.0m intervals from a Civil 3D model into Revit, but when I try to make a toposolid from it I get terrible results. You can see this here in the center of this screenshot:

Eatonasher_0-1713643310086.png

The straight lines are the contours of the grading from C3D, and the erratic polygons are Revit's approximation of all the points. Obviously, this mesh won't do for my prototyping, so I need to refine the mesh to adhere more strictly to the contours I've imported. Any suggestions?

Note: I cannot link topography using the dedicated tool because I'm a student and don't have access to Autodesk Docs. I don't know if that would solve it, but I thought I would mention it in case. Thank you!

Eatonasher_1-1713643336814.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello. I have notice this issue too. The best way i have found to make topography from mesh import is by using toposurface with this DYN file, with an older version of Revit (worked for me with 2020 version).

For more info: (4) Toposurface from mesh in Revit | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators