Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing floor color to blue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4351 Views, 8 Replies

changing floor color to blue

hey,

i need to change the concrete floor color to blue,

the problem is, the floor was build as one big element - concrete structure then send and tiles...

when i put it on coarse it shows the entire element as blue - not gonna work for me...

i even tried to go and create a filter but again the same problem accrues...

i fear the worst that i will have to separete my floors to diffrent elements... this will be a big problem for me right now...
is there a simpler way to just make the concrete floor blue??

thank in advence...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Course Fill Color is defined under the Properties for the Floor.  

Course Fill.png

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

thank you for your fast replay, unfortunately that doesnt help me, coarse changes the entire element as one.
so, if you have a floor build concrete then send and tiles it will show the entire element as blue - i dont need that to happen...
i need the option to pick just the concrete to be blue and the send and tiles to be left alone...

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

Override Host Layers Cut Line Styles? 

Override Cut Line Styles.png

Message 5 of 9
barthbradley

...you know that you can Override a Category's Detail Level in the View?  Maybe that would get you there?  

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Few options....

1.  Split Face.  Not a fan of doing this as if  you move a wall that messes with a split face line = deleted split face configuration.,

2.  Multiple Floors.  Copy/Paste your floor, edit out the size you need for one floor...copy lines before closing floor.  Edit the other floor and paste lines of cutout floor, close.

3.  Parts...modify the floor via the Parts tool.  

Personally, I like to use multiple floors, as I can still join different types together and I tend to not get errors as often.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

that only changes the line color...

this is what i want..

blue fill pattern just in the concrete area of my build...

i know that i can achieve that by separating my floors... i just want to see if there is another option that dosent involve me removing my floors at this moment...

thank you, again...

22.JPG

Message 8 of 9
barthbradley

You can do this in a Course View, if you Override the Category's Detail Level in the View. Make it Medium, and set Material Cut Pattern to Solid Color. 

Course View Override.png

Message 9 of 9
Corsten.Au

Whats your Version of Revit?

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report