Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the units for walls and doors

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
15892 Views, 8 Replies

Change the units for walls and doors

Hello,

I have a trouble. The unit of all the Revit 2017's door, wall, windows are millimeter. How do I change it to inch and feet? I already changed my project units and it did not work. Please help me thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AGYEMANG.OFOSU
in reply to: Anonymous

edit the family and you will be okay 

Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

@Anonymous

You need to load the families from the Imperial library.  Add them to your library Places:

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

To Change Units for Walls and Doors

Go to Open -> Go up a Folder -> Based on which unit you want choose Template from either Imperial or Metric folder

To Change Project Quick Open Templates to Metric or Imperial

Go to File -> Options -> File Locations -> Under "Project Template files: the first five will appear as ..." Add Value or (+) button -> Go up a folder -> Choose template in either Metric or Imperial folder -> Double click under Name to rename

Message 5 of 9
bin
Advisor

Project units overrides family units, yes? No?

So confused. 

Message 6 of 9
loboarch
in reply to: bin

@bin wrote:

Project units overrides family units, yes? No?

So confused. 

If I am understanding the source of your confusion I think it is because the NAME of the family and the NAME of the types in the family are simply a NAME. The names have no relation what so ever to the units of the project they are loaded into.

So say for example you load a family that has all of the types named for sizes in MM. You can load that into a project that uses imperial or metric units. In the properties (instance or type) you will enter sizes in the units of the project, but the NAME of the type will ALWAYS be in MM sizes because that was the name from the content you loaded.

A type name is just that a name it can literally be ANYTHING and has no relation to the units of the project or anything else for that matter. If you need names to match you either need to load the correct family, or edit the families and types by renaming after they are loaded.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 9
bin
Advisor
in reply to: loboarch

That makes sense now. I thought Op was talking about the units while editing the parameters. Thank you for the explanation. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Use Imperial families

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report