Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change material on cabinet from bimobjects.com?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
skyeg321
1065 Views, 4 Replies

Change material on cabinet from bimobjects.com?

I'm trying to figure out how to change the material on this family. Can anyone do it?

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: skyeg321

You have overlapping geometry in the Family.   

...why don't you model that Imported Geometry in Revit?  It's simple enough to do. 

...cabinet doors are buried inside other geometry.  

Message 3 of 5
skyeg321
in reply to: barthbradley

I have 2 phases. Existing and new. Cabinet is set to created in new construction. View is set to new construction show complete. I think its something with the family.

Message 4 of 5
doug

I am not directly answering your question about this cabinet.  I want to offer you an great option for cabinets and easily assigning any material for various components of the cabinet family.

I have created an extensive (but inexpensive) "Residential Casework Collection" of Revit families based upon a typical product line of manufactured cabinets available in the United States for residential design.  The collection contains over 170 Revit families with over 1300 types/sizes/variations. This provides many different options for cabinetry for designing a kitchen or other area with standard cabinetry. Cabinetry families are built with flexibility to be modified to accommodate many different custom needs and appearances.  Universal design cabinetry for ADA requirements are included in the package, as are various countertop shapes.

Cabinets, and accessories are designed for kitchens, baths, and other uses in a typical residential design project or any other project that will be specifying manufactured cabinetry.  Many casework families available and used are rather generic and more designed for the commercial market as custom cabinetry.

Cabinets with doors and/or drawers have the ability to have different door or drawer fronts and hardware for each instance of the cabinet being placed allowing for wide flexibility in cabinetry fronts within a project. Users can modify existing door/drawer families to get unlimited cabinetry appearances.

This collection has cabinets that are readily available from major home improvement stores so it is easy to design kitchens/baths/desks etc with common casework available around the country.

Information about the Casework Collection can be seen at:

https://www.dougbowersconsulting.com/Products/CaseworkCollection.html

Thank you for your time and consideration of this product.

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
martijn_pater

Not a great family to use I guess, it seems like it's generated from some type of other software. There are a bunch of type material parameters named BOS_##_Material, ## being 1 to 14, which are assigned to the geometry in the family. You can change those by editing the type. Similarly you have BOS_##_Visibility parameters 1 to 14 which control the visibility of the corresponding geometry, which are for whatever reason linked to a 'boolean' parameter...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report