Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Scale UP Hidden Line Version of a Material

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ldaenen
265 Views, 4 Replies

Cant Scale UP Hidden Line Version of a Material

I have scaled up the material texture of this stone pattern but it still shows as smaller than I need it to be  in the drafted 'hidden line' mode , I followed these instructions : https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-How-...

Is there a way to scale up the drafted 2d

texture the same way as the colored bump or photographic texture? 

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 10.17.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 10.25.46 AM.png

Much Thanks for any pointers. 

Luke 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ldaenen

That article only shows you how to scale the appearance texture. 

To scale the surface pattern, you will need to edit the pat. file.  For this complex texture, I would edit it using pyRevit, HatchKit, or Pattycake's online editor.

Message 3 of 5
ldaenen
in reply to: ToanDN

Hey Thanks! 

Pattycakes didn't work for this problem but worked for another material I was trying to make .  It kept crashing when I tried to upload the .pat file but was able to make the other from scratch

I solved my problem by going into the .PAT file and deleting the text  line at the beginning with the semi colon followed by the word 'model'     then uploading it as a Detail Hatch Pattern Not a Model Hatch Pattern. 

once the  material was created I could go back and edit the scale of it simply. 

wasn't aware of the distinction between model and detail till now. 

Thanks again 

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ldaenen

@ldaenen wrote:

I solved my problem by going into the .PAT file and deleting the text  line at the beginning with the semi colon followed by the word 'model'     then uploading it as a Detail Hatch Pattern Not a Model Hatch Pattern. 

once the  material was created I could go back and edit the scale of it simply. 

wasn't aware of the distinction between model and detail till now. 

Thanks again 

Be aware that drafting patterns (or detail patterns as you called them) will show with the same size on paper regardless of the view scale.  So if you place a 1:500 site elevation and a 1:10 detail elevation on a sheet, the pattern is exactly the same size on both elevations.

Message 5 of 5
ldaenen
in reply to: ToanDN

Ahh yeah thats it, ' Drafting Pattern ' not detail pattern .

Okay duly noted I don't think that will cause me a problem but maybe down the road !  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report