Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Reconcile differences with central model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1173 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot Reconcile differences with central model

Hi Everyone!

I've just started working on a new project (the project is about 2 years old) and I've been getting a pop up saying cannot sync, cannot reconcile differences with central model. Apparently this has been happening for the last year or so.

The project is a 40 story residential tower block in Stage 5 so making a new model isn't really an option.

I've done everything I can think of to get rid of it, I've created a new file (detached and saved as) , audited and purged, check all the links and stripped most of the CAD files out.

The file is also over 900 MB.. I've tried shrinking it by stripping views, options and unneeded geometry from families and the model, replacing it with detailed lines but its barely made a dent.

All of the 302 apartments were made in the tower project as GROUPS-yes I know revit hates groups. (not the way i would of done it, i would of made them as individual projects because there are 30 repeating types and linked them in to the tower model to keep it light, is that the correct way?)

When the file (attempts) to saves now it creates a new file FILE_NAME(data conflict from ******* with *******).rvt

ANY suggestions at all would be helpful as we are loosing work at the end of each day at the moment!

Thank you!  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

WOW impressive to be limping along for so long with 900Mb file!

Here's a few suggestions that you may want to consider to increase performance.

The Synchronisation issue maybe caused by the large file size not caching the data on save and running out of memory. So you really need to get this file size down.

1. By reducing the groups you'll instantly get a file size reduction.
  2. Not sure what release of Revit you are using but you may want to try upgrading the file.
  3. You could add worksets and place the elements from levels on worksets which can be turned off to increase production.
  4. Consider reviewing the LOD, as you maybe over modelling.
  5. Extract the groups and link instead of grouping
  6. Split the model by one of these methods
    1. by floor
    2. by vertical elements
    3. by user activites, eg wet areas, lobbies, podium, tower
    4. by built element. eg walls, façade, fixture, fittings,
    5. by function, retail, residential, common
    6. by stage
    7. by zone

I have a motto, take the time to make the time... time taken to improve performance will save you time in the long run.

Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators