Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make roof by mass

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hasasaraa38
169 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot make roof by mass

Hi! So I have this curvy wavy roof shape using model in place massing. However, I cannot select it to make the roof using roof by mass tool. I know this usually happen when the mass is too complex, but I think mine is not that complex. I've done roof by mass to a more complex mass before and it work just fine. I've tried adjust this mass thousand times already but unfortunately nothing works so far. Any suggestions?

hasasaraa38_0-1716225623797.png

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sashdeep9
in reply to: hasasaraa38

As per the family you've provided it's a generic model family. You need to use conceptual mass family template to model mass so that it could be used for creating roof by face in project environment.

Please mark it as resolved if it solves your query.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: hasasaraa38

The Family Category is fine. The Form is simply too complex.  Break it down into smaller portions.  Still, the ends are problematic. It can be rectified though with some work. I'm sure of it. 

Roof by Mass Face GM Mass1.pngRoof by Mass Face GM Mass2.pngRoof by Mass Face GM Mass3.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators