Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add controls to opening family

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
324 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot add controls to opening family

Trying to create a parametric "opening" family that will be easily placed into a wall and can be "controlled" with 'drag controls'. I'm using this family as a starter because I know it will cut into any wall, including stacked walls. I tried to create openings in the profile of my stacked walls, but it created too many issues for the model - for whatever reason. So this is my plan B. I do not want to have to measure each opening and create new types for each opening since they are not standard. I think it will be easiest to be able to drag each opening to fit  the profile.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to create a new instance length parameter, such as "Flexible Width" (for example). Then, in the view select the dimension that is now associated wtih "Rough Width" and assign that to "Flexible Width". That solves the problem of the lack of grip controls in the project.

However, be aware that this family that you're doing is a door, and will appear in your door schedules. The proper family template would be a face-based template, classified under something else such as generic models.

2016-08-17_13-15-27.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report