Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use CAD files derived from Revit Sample File for training purposes?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
277 Views, 4 Replies

Can we use CAD files derived from Revit Sample File for training purposes?

Hi. I am creating an online tutorial for working with CAD files. I have a CAD plan exported from the Revit sample file (technical school) and would like to know if it's ok to use. Again, this is just a CAD plan export, not the Revit file itself. And its for a commercial company but the training itself is free and so no direct profit link from training. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use the Revit sample files as you see fit. It is covered under the Creative commons license.  For additional information on uses allowed/not allowed see:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/share-the-knowledge

Thanks for asking.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks for the quick response @loboarch . After my initial CC excitement, I read the attribution terms closer:

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
This license lets you copy, distribute, display, remix, tweak, and build upon our work noncommercially, as long as you credit Autodesk and license your new creations under the identical terms. Terms of this license.

And realized that while my training content is not directly for profit, it is done through a commercial company and hosted as part of their website. It seems that this nuance would disqualify my from using Autodesk assets. Would you agree?

Message 4 of 5
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

You may be correct. I am NOT part of the legal team so I am not really sure? Since you are not selling the material, perhaps that makes it a non commercial use?  IDK?  You can always check directly with our legal team.

creativecommons@autodesk.com

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

I will as I'm aware it's a bit of a grey area here. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report