Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete project parameter

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
5555 Views, 15 Replies

Can't delete project parameter

hello everybody,

i added a custom shared parameter as a project parameter in the category doors and assigned some values to it. As i dont need the parameter anymore, i deleted it, which for some reason didn't work: I can still see the project parameter in the properties list - it's grayed out though, showing the values that were assigned before... Does someone have an idea why this happened?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

-Manage Tab>Shared Parameters

Browse to the Shared Parameter text file location on your system.

Open it with a text editor and see if you can find the parameter and delete it.

-Do the same with the Project Parameters.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 16
barthbradley

Is the Project Parameter being used in a Schedule? Or can you create a Multi-Category Schedule and hunt for it that way? 

...deleting from SP txt file won't remove it. 

Message 4 of 16
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

hello everybody,

i added a custom shared parameter as a project parameter in the category doors and assigned some values to it. As i dont need the parameter anymore, i deleted it, which for some reason didn't work: I can still see the project parameter in the properties list - it's grayed out though, showing the values that were assigned before... Does someone have an idea why this happened?

Thanks!

Did you delete the parameter from the project parameter list?

May be or may not be related to your issue, but there is no need to use shared parameters when you add them directly in the project, especially for temporary purposes.  Shared parameters are only needed when you want to bring information in families, not covered by built-in parameters, to schedules in project, and/or to tags in project.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

it' not being used and it's not available for new multi-category schedules either...

Message 6 of 16
FAIR59
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes I did first thing.

This parameters are not for temporary purposes, I'll need them in schedules and other projects.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 16

Is there a way to search the schedules for a parameter? 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Teresa.KawaguchiGUSLM

you can only show shared parameters in schedules, even if they have been added as a project parameter. Hope it helps! 

Message 10 of 16

@Teresa.KawaguchiGUSLM wrote:

Is there a way to search the schedules for a parameter? 

All the Available Parameters are listed in a drop-down on the Filter Tab.  Is this what you mean?  

Message 11 of 16

Early in the project we had a parameter that has since been deleted.
If look at the global parameters and project parameters, it's not there.
But, in the properties palette, I see it. It's grayed out, but it's there.
Message 12 of 16

Some Parameters only report a value.   Sounds like your are referring to one of those.  Post a screenshot.  

Message 13 of 16

>From the properties palette of a piece of conduit. It only shows on my schedule40 PVC conduit, if that's a clue.
[cid:image001.png@01D5F894.506F7E30]

Message 14 of 16

Retrying my second reply - Outlook gave me an error.

This unwanted parameter isn't in the project parameters or global parameters and it only shows on some of the schedule40 conduit. My guess is it's showing on conduit that was in the project before the parameter was deleted. 

Message 15 of 16

The Parameter exists somewhere -- maybe in a nested Family. But, FYI: Shared Parameter are not deleted from the Families that use them if you delete the Shared Parameter from the Shared Parameter Text File. 

Message 16 of 16

I think at one time it was in there as a global parameter.
Thanks for your help. I'll check the fittings families.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators