Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't copy room names

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ahirani24
1161 Views, 5 Replies

Can't copy room names

Hi All,

I am trying to copy room names from one floor to another. When I copy to clipboard and then select the drop down menu for paste in revi, I do not et an option for align to selected levels. I do have option for Align to selected views.

Why is this happening.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ahirani24

When you say room names, are  you referring to room tags?  Is the view type you're trying to copy into the same as the view you're copying from?  For example, you cannot copy elements from a plan view to a sheet view.

Message 3 of 6
RDAOU

@ahirani24 

By room name you mean the Room Tag...Room tags require a host ie: the room on the second floor need to be existing/already placed

You might first want to Copy/Past the room itself to the Second floor. Rooms can be pasted Aligned to levels or views. (You can also select both Room and Tag and paste them aligned to view on the 2nd floor - the room has to be included in the process)

1. to select the room, tab over it till you highlight the X across the room (use shift and tab add select the tag)
  2. Before pasting the room from clipboard Aligned to level or view, you need to make sure that you have room bounding elements for the room to be enclosed in

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
ahirani24
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for correcting me about the room tags. Yes, the views are the same. I crosschecked that.

Message 5 of 6
ahirani24
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU Could you clarify what do you mean by - the room bounding elements for the room have to be enclosed in?

do have my rooms having proper boundaries already setup. Please find attached screenshot.

Message 6 of 6
RDAOU

@ahirani24 

When you have the tags selected you wont have Align to level...Open the plan view of the level you want to paste to and use paste aligned to current view

Otherwise as mentioned above...Copy Rooms only paste aligned to Level 2...then do the tags separately.

If you are not sure what you are selecting...click the selection filter >> uncheck all and keep only rooms checked

Selection Filter is on the bottom left corner or on the Ribbon 

RM1.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report