Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can cut profile be used to remove part of face that is already disjoined through cut geometry?

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
jblanchetteRT93G
1220 Views, 23 Replies

Can cut profile be used to remove part of face that is already disjoined through cut geometry?

Title is confusing. Really all I want to know is if it is possible to use the cut profile command the part circled in red.

cut profile issue.jpg

I know there are other workaround for this, just wondering if this is possible and I'm just not drawing the cut profile lines correctly. Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

Post the File here.  

Message 22 of 24

It probably goes against company policy for me to publish an entire model online (and I think it would be over the upload limit anyways), but here's a generic file with the same condition as above:

cut profile issue5.jpg

Message 23 of 24
ToanDN
in reply to: jblanchetteRT93G

I see what you saying.  Cut profile can be used to cut a portion of a Cut Area, but not the entire area as you ask. By the way, you could model it as one roof so that you don't have to use Cut Profile.

ToanDN_0-1718926177051.png

Message 24 of 24
jblanchetteRT93G
in reply to: ToanDN

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Didn't know if I was just missing out on some cut-profile-jutsu or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report