Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick wrapping at curtain wall

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2638 Views, 8 Replies

Brick wrapping at curtain wall

I have attached a image of my proplem. I have two walls on top of each other, the bottom wall is correct but the top is not. The curtain wall is embedd in both walls but the brick is only wrapping bottom half. Their is no wall openings either. Any suggestions how i got bottom half to work, so i can do the top half as well?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it a different wall type because of the reveal?  Check to make sure you have Wrap exterior enabled for that wall type.

Message 3 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

As @Anonymous mentioned ... check the wrapping is set for exterior.

What I actually wanted to add is that (from finish where the reveal cuts the wall) they are not stacked nor compound; they actually look like the same wall literally placed one on top of the other 

• If the are the same why not just use 1 single wall instead of 2 on top of each other? This would fix the finish at the reveal cut at the same time
  • if they are different and have something special in the Type Structure...why not use compound or stacked type? ( in the case of the latter; you have to set the wrpping in the original wall types being stacked)

wall.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Same wall type, I do not get the pattern when I have it exterior wrapping, just the color of brick
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Nevermind, that only at shaded view setting thanls
Message 6 of 9
Keith_Wilkinson

Not sure that answer will help anyone else looking at the thread...  😞

In my experience if you allow curtain walling to auto embed, Revit ignore the wall closures so you get what you see at the top of your original image.

We circumvent that by using a wall opening first and then adding the curtain wall second - this gives us a number of advantages as we can set the size of the opening to specific brick dims for example and then ensure our curtain wall fits accordingly - it also gives us the correct wall closures so everything 'looks' correct as well.

It would be helpful to know how your original model is put together to understand better why you have different conditions top and bottom.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

The method of editing the wall profile first (or adding a wall opening) definitely helped with the brick wrapping at curtain walls in our project. Thanks for the tip!

Revit seems very fickle about when it chooses to add the material wrapping. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Also walls would have the correct wrapping then for some ungodly reason the wrapping would disappear the next day! The above workflow works a gem.

PS. I'm pretty sure the people at Autodesk who are responsible for creating curtain walls and stairs are deliberately trying to make our lives hell! These elements have a mind of their own and are hopeless at integrating with other components. Maybe......one day they will sort it out

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Guys the tip of using a wall opening or even editing the wall profile doesn't seem to work for me. I am using Revit 2019. The only solution I'd have right now is adding invisible doors or windows..

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I solved my problem.

The problem was the wall itself. For some unknown reason wrapping doesn't work well for the type of wall I used. I created a new wall and your tips finally worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators