Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border tile: 'Partial' not applied to pattern based shared adaptive component

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RPTHOMAS108
313 Views, 3 Replies

Border tile: 'Partial' not applied to pattern based shared adaptive component

Hello

I'm finding that the 'Partial' option for border tile is not working when the adaptive component is shared (which it is by default in the family template). Is it the case that the below can be fixed for a shared component to make 'partial' work or is it the case these are meant to be non-shared (seems unlikely)? Non-shared components would be too limited so I'm hoping it is something I'm getting wrong or something that needs to be fixed by Autodesk.

The odd thing about it is that when you edit the mass in-place the component is cut-back but then in the project it isn't. I've enclosed two project files one containing a shared component and one non-shared (suffixed NS). I've also tested the case where the nested component is shared within a non-shared component (which also overhangs). 

Overhang with shared adaptive componentOverhang with shared adaptive componentComponent correctly cut back in in-place family editorComponent correctly cut back in in-place family editor

The only important thing for me is that I can extract the points from the components in the project environment which I can't do if it is a non-shared component. 

I'm aware of the 2" issue noted below but I don't think it relates to that:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-Pa...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/border-tile-partial-leaves-overhang/m-p/5776...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/adaptive-component-family-overhangs-border-w...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: RPTHOMAS108

@RPTHOMAS108 wrote:

Hello

I'm finding that the 'Partial' option for border tile is not working when the adaptive component is shared (which it is by default in the family template). Is it the case that the below can be fixed for a shared component to make 'partial' work or is it the case these are meant to be non-shared (seems unlikely)? Non-shared components would be too limited so I'm hoping it is something I'm getting wrong or something that needs to be fixed by Autodesk.

You can keep the pattern based family Shared, but the 2-point component should be non shared.

ToanDN_0-1665038322936.png

Message 3 of 4
RPTHOMAS108
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello @ToanDN thanks for looking at this for me it is much appreciated.

I see that if the component only contains curves by point then the partial border tile option doesn't work at all. That isn't likely to be a real-world case though so I'm not too concerned with that.

We can also confirm here that the 2" overlap still persists in 2023 version.

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: RPTHOMAS108

@RPTHOMAS108 wrote:

Hello @ToanDN thanks for looking at this for me it is much appreciated.

I see that if the component only contains curves by point then the partial border tile option doesn't work at all. That isn't likely to be a real-world case though so I'm not too concerned with that.

We can also confirm here that the 2" overlap still persists in 2023 version.

This is correct.  You need a form in order to perform a booleen action.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report