Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM applications sets

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
281 Views, 2 Replies

BIM applications sets

Is Autodesk the only firm offering a set of BIM solutions, such as the Architecture, Structure, and MEP set, or is there any other company offering an equivalent set? I know that for architecture there is Bentley Architecture, Graphisoft's ArchiCAD, and Nemetschek's Allplan; for structures there is Tekla. But do these companies offer BIM solutions in the other disciplines? I did some research in the other companies' websites but it is not clear to me yet.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Graphisoft also has an extension to ArchiCAD for MEP, and I believe the structural is a part of the primary program. So to answer your question, yes, Autodesk appears to be the only vendor offering stand-alone programs for each discipline.
Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your input. So it seems that Autodesk has an advantage in the market by having the only set of 3 BIM solutions sharing the same platform. I see that other companies seem to have separate products but they don't convey the idea of being a set of applications sharing the same base; they don't even have the same name. On the other side, The Revit A., Revit S., and Revit MEP set looks like a very attractive choice for a group of professionals who want to work together using the same platform.
Last night I was watching one of the AU lectures from Subscription Center. It was the "Collaborating across the disciplines.." class with David Cohn. I thought it was an excellent presentation, and I was very impressed to see how the 3 Revit solutions work together. There is still work to do, but the platform is solid and the future is very promising for this set of tools.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report