Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best indian parametric window?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vishnurmdy
249 Views, 3 Replies

Best indian parametric window?

Best parametric window?

Hi, is there a parametric window that anyone knows of, which allows you to change to the desired opening and create mullions and transoms wherever needed? Ideally to look great For indian windows has you might know indian windows have hight grooves and all with many partitions

it would be helpfull if there are any free websites or links to download good Window and AMain doors.

P.S : I am downloading lots of files from Bimobject, Revitcity etc. but really I just need to create them more simply to suit. I just want ordinary editable windows that I can phase appropriately.

more preferably CASEMENT window or Swing Window

Thanks

Tags (1)
Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: vishnurmdy

That would be the way to go, (learn to) create them yourself. Follow a course or do some self study. You can create one from scratch or modify existing ones.

Most families will not have changing opening positions as it only add to the complexity of a family (impacting Revit performance). However it is very well possible to do this.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
vishnurmdy
in reply to: L.Maas

I have done my own family 

But I need the frame of the window to have groove, and the cut when placing the shutter to the frame ( joints )

But these have not been explained by any one has I have seen my YouTube videos for references 

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: vishnurmdy

Depending on the situation you can model the cuts by using a different oultine for the extrusiion or sweep or you can make use of voids.

For example the cut I made by using a different outline for the sweep.

The cut in the corner  I made by using a void on the sweep.

LMaas_0-1694443867935.png

Depending on the situation you can use a variety of solutions.

However you will have to think if this modeling has additional value to your project. All the extra lines/elements will make the family more complex and bigger and influences the performance of Revit. Of course not a big issue if it is a single family with a few isntances, but it adds up with multiple families and larger projects.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report