Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam in sections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KarzanCM
346 Views, 2 Replies

Beam in sections

I created a beam as a lintel, but it does not show up in sections (the wall hatch covers the beam section as well)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: KarzanCM

Perhaps you need to make room for the lintel, so that the wall and the lintel don't intersect each other. It would help if we could see the Revit model to have a better idea. Anyway, it would be easier to just draw the lintel condition with detail lines in a section view, instead of actually insert it in the model.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
KarzanCM
in reply to: KarzanCM

I found a way around that, and thought to share it. I created the beam (Lintel) as a wall and used the cut geometry to subtract it from the host wall (for some reason it did not let me to do that with the beam created as a beam not a wall), for the wall that I use as a lintel I assigned concrete as the material so it shows now perfectly. The advantage of using a lintel instead of a detail line is that it shows up wherever you pass a section and in 3D isometric sections as well, and of course you can schedule it as well

Karzan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report