Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awkward roof detail 2

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
roscopeco2000
337 Views, 3 Replies

awkward roof detail 2

Another roof awkward roof issue not sure best way to proceed, First i tried roof by footprint but i need a gable end style roof which i don't think you can do with this option? So i next tried roof by extrusion extruded it from the square end of the building over the end of wall which is at an odd angle. This let me with odd over hang so i created a temporary wall which i could cut the roof back with. The problem is i need to to cut back both sides of the roof at the same time with the wall ( it wont let me shift click to select multiple roof edge's/walls?) because it comes up with an error saying part of the roof misses the roof face.  There is probably a much easier way to do this i dont know.(toan sure you will know)Capture.1PNG.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: roscopeco2000

You definitely can do it with roof by footprint. Set "define slope" to 2
opposite edges instead of 4.

But extrusion and join tool can work.  See screencast (hope that I understood you correctly).

Message 3 of 4
josemukalel
in reply to: roscopeco2000

extrusion and cut method will work?

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 4 of 4
roscopeco2000
in reply to: ToanDN

You are a legend!! Thank you for your constant help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report