Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD-like text editor for Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
micphillips
678 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD-like text editor for Revit?

It's no secret that Revit's text editor is horrible at best. Does anybody know of any plugin free or paid that gives way to a better text editing experience? I'm particularly interested in something that allows for easy multicolumn text editing and bullet lists.

I spend so much time trying to format bullet/sub-bullet lists in a single column within Revit. I have to manually copy columns to create multi-column texts and then adjust accordingly and it takes ages to get the exact format I want. Most of the time, I can't even use the built-in bullet lists. I'm just looking for something that makes it easier. I have not been able to find a plugin that does what I'm looking for. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: micphillips

What about copy and paste from a word processor?  

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN

- Create text in a CAD file and link in Revit

- Post your request in Revit Ideas or upvote similar requests (sure there must be plenty of them)

Message 4 of 6
aaronrumple

For bulleted or numbered lists line feed is your friend. Most people don't even know what line feed is.

• This is a list with enters.
  • my list
  • my list
  • my list

This is a list with line feeds.

• This is a list with
    line feed!

• With a blank line!

• line feed!

• line feed!
Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: aaronrumple

I don't have problems with numbering/bulleting/indentation.  The only things I cannot do within a single text box is multi-columns, different text sizes, different colors, different typefaces.

ToanDN_1-1632345418547.png

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

For multi-column with paragraph numbering, create multiple text boxes and use Increment List value to alter the numbers.

ToanDN_0-1632355393974.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report