Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching wall top to bottom stairs

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
10924 Views, 8 Replies

attaching wall top to bottom stairs

Hi,

Is there any way to attach wall top to the bottom of stairs?

attach top/base won't work... 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

You can't use the attach tool, but you can edit the profile of the wall and lock the profile edge to the bottom of the stringer.

2018-06-07_0810.png2018-06-07_0809.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

The only is problem is that my wall is rotated in 90 degrees to the stairs...

Message 4 of 9
loboarch

I see. the only way to do that kind of modification to a wall is with an in-place void family to "cut" the top of the wall off at the right angle.  Sorry I misunderstood the question.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 9
JasonKunkel

Just want to add that the in-place void family to cut system families is such a powerful and overlooked tool. It shouldn't be the first thing people think about using, but it has gotten me out of more than one jams.

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 6 of 9
constantin.stroescu

• in a Section View along the Stair and perpendicular on the Wall, draw a Reference Plane using Pick Tool ( pick to the underside of the stair run.
  • then select the wall and use Attach Top/Base - attach top to Reference Plane

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
cbcarch

You can also place a roof, ceiling or floor along the bottom of the stairs, and attach walls to it.

Roof by extrusion, or roof, ceiling or floor by footprint, define slope in sketch, or use slope arrow, etc.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 8 of 9

Wall can be at any angle with the stair run....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Seychellian

I had to use a void to cut mine because it was on multiple angles. It annoys me that I have to do it like this though. Very un-parametric. Very un BIM. Any changes and i have to go through and rebuild the void.

Its the same thing as when i have to create a complex model-in-place family for water inside a  swimming trough that has a lot of nooks and changes in level. Its really laborious and impractical.     

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators