Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign room as a subcategory of a Unit number

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
omidZKHNF
506 Views, 7 Replies

Assign room as a subcategory of a Unit number

Hi All,

I have several apartment units in Revit. I want to assign room to my enclosed rooms such as: Bath, Closet, Bedroom.
And I want to create a room for the whole unit, as well. so that I can extract the area of my units in addition to having the area of each Bath, Closet, Bedrooms separately. I am sure it is possible but I do not know.

thanks for your help

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SteveKStafford
in reply to: omidZKHNF

Area Plans are Revit's intended method to document the Units. Alternatively a schedule using a room numbering scheme or a unit parameter could group rooms by unit and give you total net area (minus wall thickness).

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 3 of 8
omidZKHNF
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks, but it should be possible even with rooms.
Please find attached the screen shot. It shows that both are rooms.

Message 4 of 8
SteveKStafford

How are you modelling the project?

It is not possible to have a room for the overall unit and individual rooms within the unit. It is one or the other. The walls within the unit will affect the rooms you place and you'll get warnings about redundant rooms. Area Plans were created and designed to allow for documenting building area differently from Room data.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

Instead of rooms and areas, use spaces then you can group them together in a zone.

Message 6 of 8
omidZKHNF
in reply to: ToanDN

What do you mean by spaces? could you please explain more or send me a snap shot

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN
Message 8 of 8
omidZKHNF

Thanks a lot for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report